The ketogenic diet (keto, keto)is very common in the West. A large number of books are dedicated to her, in which they talk about nutritional principles and allowed products. The main principle of the keto diet is to reduce the amount of protein and carbohydrates consumed, but increase the amount of fat.
Interesting! For the first time, the nutritional principle, in which carbohydrates were strongly restricted and replaced with fats, appeared in the 20s of the last century. The original diet was used to treat neurological diseases in order to reduce the amount of insulin produced.
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet is about reducing the amount of carbohydrate foods you eat. It is allowed to consume no more than 50 grams per day. carbohydrates. If we talk about percentages, then the menu is created this way (what is BJU? ):
- fat - 70%;
- protein - 20%;
- carbohydrates - 10%.
The keto diet allows you to eat your favorites without any restrictions. So grilled chicken with skin is allowed. The main thing is not to exceed the permitted amount of carbohydrates.
Interesting! One of the relatives of the keto diet is the Atkins diet, which also implies a strict restriction on carbohydrate intake. This weight loss method is very popular with the world stars. Hollywood celebrities are really obsessed with low-carb diets, so they are at the forefront of existing weight loss methods.
Pros and Cons of the Keto Diet
The goal of the ketone diet is to facilitate the intake of calories from fats and proteins, not carbohydrates. It lowers blood sugar,but does not affect brain activityb. As a result, women and men feel great and lose weight.
But thisdiet is not for everyone. It has advantages and disadvantages that need to be considered.
Benefits of ketone diet
There are many positive aspects of the ketogenic diet:
- You can eat your favorites with no calories and no time limit. For women, this is an ideal way to lose weight, it is important not to fall in love with cakes.
- Helps get rid of acne. If your skin rash is caused by increased blood sugar, a ketone diet will help clear your skin of blemishes.
- Reduces cancer risk. Studies have shown that with the ketane diet, oxidation occurs in cancer cells, leading to their rapid death. What's more, keeping blood sugar at normal levels reduces the likelihood of developing diabetes and stroke, which is linked to certain cancers.
- Helps people with epilepsy. The keto diet leads to ketosis - the amount of ketones increases in the body, helping to reduce recurrence in people with epilepsy.
- Protect the brain. Through research, scientists have discovered that the ketogenic dietreduces the riskof developing Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other neurological and psychiatric diseases.
Interesting! The keto diet is often referred to as the Meryl Streep diet. Not that the famous actress became the founder of this weight loss method. She played one of the main roles in the movie Do No Harm. This picture tells about children with epilepsy and the positive results of adopting the ketogenic diet to treat "special" children.
Cons of the keto diet
The ketone diet is suitable for most people if all the principles of a healthy diet are followed. In exceptional cases, side effects are possible:
- reduced stamina;
- impaired digestive function;
- vitamin deficiency;
- an unpleasant acetone smell from your body and exhaled gas.
These side effects are often associated with improperly prepared menus or with strict contraindications to. You can prevent their occurrenceby increasing the amount of fluids you drink, adding multivitamin complexes and including spinach, cabbage and cucumbers in your diet. .
Before starting any diet, you should consult your doctor to determine contraindications. The body must be prepared to change the diet. And it is better to start losing weight in full health, and for women - after the end of menstruation.
Absolute contraindications to the ketone diet include:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- increased blood pressure;
- amount of insulin for diabetes.
Supplementary Diet Conditions
To join the ketosis and your diet delivers the desired results, followimportant rules:
- Drink up to 4 liters of clean water daily;
- avoid junk food;
- reduce the daily serving size;
- eat 5-6 times a day until you feel full;
- Light exercisefor 30 minutes a day;
- take vitamins;
- eat herbs every day, will help cleanse the intestines and prevent the development of constipation;
- Include cold pressed coconut oil in your daily diet.
How much time to diet depends on what goals you set yourself:
- 5 days - minimum interval, you can lose 3-4 kg of weight;
- 14 days - lost from 4 to 8 kg;
- 3 months - the optimal period of the diet, needs from 10 to 15 kg.
Experts do not recommend "sitting" on the ketone diet for a long time. It should be compliant with the scheme:
- for the first time - no more than 7 days; the second
- - not more than 14 days;
- for the third time - until the goal is reached, but not more than 3 months.
After each course, you need a month's rest. Get out of a light weight diet that includes 30 grams of carbohydrates per day.
Keto Dietary Allowed and Prohibited
Use a list of allowed foods when creating your menu. It includes:
- any meat;
- sea fish; particles
- chickens and quail eggs;
- low-fat milk;
- fermented dairy products;
- grapefruit and oranges;
- vegetables, but not more than 50 gr. in just one step;
- unsweetened tea and coffee.
Do not eat these products:
- pastries, sweets are abundant;
- all grains;
- trans fat.
Based on these lists, you can create a daily menu for women or men, taking into account taste preferences.
Keto Diet: The Everyday Menu
When composing the keto diet, let's take the averages for the three dietary approaches: for 5 days, a week, and 14 days.
Menu in 5 days
|1||omelet with herbs, tea||mushroom grilled turkey fillet||stewed chicken, orange juice|
|2||2 boiled eggs, coffee||grilled fish in foil with vegetables||curd casserole, kefir|
|3||meat soup, grapefruit||chicken breast with herbs||Boiled shrimp, tea|
|4||chicken omelet, low-fat yogurt||meatball soup||chicken soup, tea|
|5||egg and olive salad||Beef cutlet, vegetable salad, tea||cheese cake, milk|
The 7 days (week) Keto Diet
|1||boiled chicken breast, bell pepper||beef with beans||Caesar Salad|
|2||curd omelette, orange||cooked veal, vegetable salad||ratatouille, tea|
|3||cheese pancakes, kefir||tomato stew turkey||vegetable salad, tea|
|4||coffee toast with low fat cheese||beef, cabbage salad||low-fat cheese, fermented baked milk|
|5||omelet with cheese and herbs||Chicken skewers, cucumber and tomato salad||stewed salmon, tea|
|6||cheese, coffee||meatball salad with cabbage, cucumber and carrot||fish soup, grapefruit|
|7||cheese cake, nuts||Baked beef, fresh cherry tomatoes||kebab pork, tea|
Menu in 14 days
|1||curd omelette, orange||braised squid, beans||cheesecake, nuts, tea|
|2||turkey eggs, tea||Pork pieces with vegetables||cheese pancakes, tea|
|3||cheese cake, coffee||mussels, cabbage salad||Caesar Salad, kefir|
|4||boiled eggs, kefir||boiled chicken breast, grapefruit||Toast with cheese, tea|
|5||stewed salmon, tea||Braised pork, tea||vegetable salad with chicken breast|
|6||stewed chicken, tea||Caesar Salad||grilled fish in foil|
|7||boiled eggs, grapefruit||boiled turkey, ratatouille||tomato sauce turkey, tea|
|8||curd casserole, nuts||fish with vegetables, tea||omelet with cheese and beef, grapefruit|
|9||eggs with green beans, coffee||chicken balls, grapefruit||Meat and Cheese Soufflé|
|10||omelet with cheese, tea||chicken breast salad, eggs and cucumber||cheese stew, oranges|
|11||Toast with cheese, orange juice||kebab pork, chinese salad||cabbage and carrot salad, fish|
|12||fish soup, tea||skewers, tea||cheese cake, milk|
|13||fresh cheese, honey||any meat salad||chicken drumstick|
|14||cheese cake, pomelo||veal stew with vegetables||curd casserole, kefir|