The gastritis diet includes a gentle diet designed to reduce inflammation of the stomach lining. Depending on the acidity of the gastric juice and the stage of the disease, different types of diets are prescribed.
There are general rules of diet for gastritis:
- Fractional nutrition - you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions;
- Moderate food temperature - do not allow food that is too hot or too cold;
- Fatty foods are a taboo on all types of diets for gastritis of various etiologies;
- Spicy spices and any alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited;
- Quit smoking.
Diet for high acid chronic gastritis
A diet for chronic hyperactive gastritis is prescribed, first of all, to normalize the acidity of the gastric juice and reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease - abdominal pain, heartburn, sorenesshead.
The diet consists mainly of boiled vegetables, milk and dairy products, and boiled or steamed dishes from meat and fish. Kissels (milk or fruit), oat and rice porridge, whole milk, and mashed soup have excellent wrapping properties.
Diet for highly acidic gastritis prescribes the refusal of the following foods:
- Bread made from rye flour, muffins and fresh baked goods;
- Sour tamarind, rhubarb, turnip, turnip, cabbage, cucumber, unripe fruit;
- Canned food of all kinds;
- Fermented milk products;
- Legumes, pearl barley, barley and millet;
- Fatty, ribbed meat.
Sample Diet for Chronic Gastritis with High Acid Production
Option number 1
- Breakfast: boiled vegetable salad with butter, boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea, oil;
- The second breakfast: cheese pudding with apple, carrot juice;
- Lunch: pure vegetable soup, meat soup with pasta, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, biscuits;
- Dinner: Lazy dumplings, tea;
- At night: milk (all day).
Option number 2
- Breakfast: boiled carrots, crushed through a sieve with vegetable oil, diet sausages in natural casings, tea, oil;
- The second breakfast: homemade cheese, rose hip broth;
- Lunch: soup with oatmeal, boiled chicken fillet, buckwheat porridge, mixed pear;
- Afternoon snack: plum plum;
- Dinner: protein omelet, rice milk porridge, tea.
Option number 3
- Breakfast: boiled radish with vegetable oil, steamed meatballs with rice, butter, tea;
- The second breakfast: grilled apples with raisins and fresh cheese;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, boiled meat, sieve grated, oatmeal, flour;
- Afternoon snacks: milk, toast;
- Dinner: semolina, tea.
These dietary choices for gastritis are prescribed during the phase of clinical remission. The diet for exacerbations of highly acidic gastritis is different in that all dishes are consumed in pure form. Only small boiled pieces of meat or fish are allowed to be eaten twice a week.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
The main task of the diet for people with hypo-gastritis is to promote gastric juice secretion so that food is completely assimilated. The dishes should be steamed or boiled, less often stewed.
Diet for low acid gastritis prohibits the use of foods that increase gastric fermentation:
- Whole milk;
- Yeast and pastry products;
- Canned food;
- Legumes, cabbage, grapes, radishes, cucumbers, onions and garlic;
- Lard and smoked products.
Diet for exacerbations of low acid gastritis
In the case of chronic gastritis with reduced secretion during exacerbations, you should eat puree in small portions. The diet for atrophic gastritis includes cereal mucus soups, butter, minced cheese, boiled meats, low-fat fish, mashed vegetables and fruits, dairy-based gelatinous flakes, soft boiled eggs, White bread, crackers, infused with rose hip.
Diet for hypoactive gastritis was used for three to four weeks, then replaced with a larger diet. The diet for relief of gastritis includes grains, steamed meat and fish dishes, and cereal soups in broths. Fried fish balls, meat balls and cutlets must not be breaded.
Follow the diet for atrophic gastritis, you should eat dairy products (especially kefir), cheese, dishes ranging from cheese (puddings, soufflés, casseroles), jelly from berries and fruits, mousses.
An example of the one-day low-secretory gastritis diet:
- Breakfast: steamed beef balls, tea;
- Lunch: pearl barley soup in meat broth, deep fried cutlets, mashed potatoes, apple jelly;
- Afternoon snacks: tea, crackers;
- Dinner: cheese casserole, pure milk oatmeal, tea;
- At night: kefir or fruit jelly and berries.
Diet with exacerbations of gastritis is supplemented by the addition of fruit and vegetable juices, multivitamins.
Diet for erosive gastritis
In the diet for erosive gastritis, the consistency of soup comes first. They have excellent encapsulating properties, which are in need of eroded stomach walls. In the diet for erosive gastritis, there must be porridge made from rice, buckwheat, oatmeal with milk or cream (preferably), with added butter. Steamed meats (cutlets, meatballs), soft boiled eggs, homemade non-acidic cheeses, jellies and mixes are required in the diet.
In a diet for the erosive acute gastritis it is necessary to recommend liquid mashed potatoes, as well as raw potato juice (1 time per day). This vegetable has an excellent wound-healing effect, while at the same time it is perfect pain relief.
The list of foods banned in the diet for erosive gastritis includes: any canned food, fried and fatty foods, yeasted pastries, flavored fresh fruitsour and juice from them. In the diet for acute erosive gastritis, there should be no tea (black and green), coffee, or juice.