Despite the fact that a lot of people already know the negative consequences of a strict diet, people continue to use this method to get rid of those extra pounds. However, people who really care about their health prefer to look for weight loss methods that do not have strict restrictions and are not safe. You don't even have to go to the gym for this. You can also lose weight at home: simply by following the recommendations, doing light exercises and choosing the right menu for yourself.
Why Diets Don't Work
Most of those who used to go on a diet, after the lifting of restrictions, are experiencing a new crisis: the extra pounds are returned in double or even tripled volume. This is due to the characteristics of the human body. A dieter doesn't get many of the micronutrients he needs. In addition, a drastic change in the dietary system causes a negative effect on the nervous system. The body, in a state of stress, tries not to break down fat cells, but to store them for future use. Because of this, the weight either stands still, or keeps coming. This trend is especially evident with single and starving diets.
Why doesn't the drug work?
Many people looking for quick results turn to pills or powders for a weight loss boost. Drugs are not only a panacea, but a cheap marketing ploy. Drugs do not help get rid of excess fat, they only activate physiological processes (such as laxatives or diuretics), remove processed products and excess water from the body.
Modern nutritionists recommend giving up pills that are supposed to break down fat. Homeopathic remedies will not bring any effect, as they are therapeutic (placebo) drugs, and more seriously drugs that have extremely negative effects on the liver, kidneys and musclesin the gastrointestinal tract.
How to lose weight at home
Losing weight at home is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. You don't have to look for new diets or engage in grueling exercise programs every day.
Just following two points is enough:
- balance your diet;
- Do simple exercises 3-4 times a week.
Both of these points mean that losing weight will need to change your quality of life. Often, being overweight is related to an inappropriate diet or a sedentary lifestyle or to some kind of underlying disease. If, after passing the tests and consulting with a professional doctor, no violations have been detected, then you can make adjustments to your daily activity and daily diet. me.
Proper nutrition system
A sensible and healthy nutrition system is not a diet. This is a special worldview that will allow one to remain active, healthy and able to work longer. A correct diet does not imply serious restrictions and refuses any strict bans.
This system is based on the following rules:
- refuse to consume fast carbohydrates in the evening. It's no secret that there are people who can't say no to sweet, starchy or fast food. With proper nutrition, this is not required: you just need to postpone the time to eat these products until noon, so that during the day the body has time to resolve the calories consumed;
- adhere to the drinking regime. Abundant use of clean water (at least 1. 5-2 liters per day) improves metabolism and accelerates weight loss;
- lack of hunger. In order not to be hungry, it is recommended to divide meals into 5-6 portions: 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 2-3 snacks. The body should not feel hungry, otherwise, instead of breaking down fat cells, it will start storing them;
- Increase protein and fiber in the diet. Protein is the building block of our muscles, and fiber has a positive effect on metabolism and the elimination of waste products from the body. Eat a lot of meat, fish, legumes, vegetables;
- Include healthy fats in your diet. A healthy diet does not exclude healthy fats. These nutrients allow all the organs of the digestive tract to function without interruption. Fats also have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and hair. Healthy fats are found in marine fish, natural vegetable oils, caviar, olives, avocados, nuts, cheese and fermented dairy products.
Following the principles of good nutrition requires no special skills or culinary skills. The balanced menu usually includes boiled, stewed, steamed, grilled dishes, so everyone can choose the perfect diet to their liking.
One of the basic rules is to adhere to the norms of protein, fat, carbohydrate and fiber. For example, in the morning you should eat slow carbohydrates (cereals), at noon - fat, protein, fiber. Protein and fiber should be left for dinner. For a snack, you can use fermented dairy products, as well as moderate-calorie fruits (apple, pineapple, unsweetened pear, mango).
Fat burning exercises
You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight. Gentle exercise will help kickstart the fat burning process while also toning the body. To trigger weight loss, you need aerobic exercise - whatever cardiovascular exercise works for you.
These sports are based on the acceleration of the heart rate: the higher the heart rate, the faster the blood circulation and oxygen exchange, during which active fat cells are broken down. For those who prefer to do exercises at home, video tutorials by Gillian Michaels or Tracy Anderson are ideal.
People who are overweight or obese can begin to lose weight with complex therapies such as callanetics, Pilates, swimming, and walking in place. Gradually, it was allowed to move to more complex training programs, including running, jumping rope, training on simulators of different difficulty levels (home steps, gymnastics exercises, gymnastics dances, etc. )beat).
It is possible to lose weight without exhausting diets even at home. You don't need magic pills or professional trainers for this. You just need to adjust your diet, as well as include moderate physical activity in your daily regimen. The combination of a healthy diet and regular exercise will allow you to see the first positive results after 3-4 weeks.